The Parliament visited by HRH Anne, the Princess Royal
The 17th Clan MacLeod Parliament was held in Dunvegan, on the Isle of Skye, from Saturday 19 July to 26 July 2014. We have kept some documents in case they are helpful to MacLeods who are curious about the Clan,or who are planning a trip to Dunvegan in the future. If you are looking for more general information about the Clan, please go to the official home of the Clan MacLeod at http://www.clanmacleod.org.
By far the most overwhelming event at Parliament was the visit of Her Royal Highness, the Princess Royal to Dunvegan Castle, 58 years after Her Majesty the Queen visited as part of the celebrations of the very first Clan Parliament. Part of her visit was to open the Memorial Gazebo to Chief John MacLeod of MacLeod. Photos from this commemoration can be found here.
Parliament itself was a warm and wonderful gathering, with an especially wonderful, sunny day on Raasay where we were able to see the result of the restoration of Raasay House and the construction of the new pier.
A number of documents were prepared for Parliamentarians, which are still here as hey may help Clansfolk who are planning future visits to Scotland, and Skye.
• Parliament Programme: This is the schedule of events for Parliament during the week in Dunvegan.
• Parliamentarian's Handbook: This booklet goes into some detail about the transportation, accommodation, activities, expenses, and general mysteries about traveling to Scotland
• Parliament reading list: A general list of the above and other publications for Parliament 2014.
• http://www.visitscotland.com: This website has been created for the use of both national and international visitors to Scotland. It can help you with accomodation, as well as provide some self-drive tours of MacLeod country.
• http://www.rampantscotland.com/know/blknow_airlines.htm: Travel requirements will depend on from where your journey begins, but there is a probably the most comprehensive list of international flights into Scotland.
• http://www.travelinescotland.com/: Journey planning for public transportation within Scotland.
We look forward to seeing you someday on the Isle of Skye!